Monday, September 8, 2008

Strawberry Lemonade!

I finally finished my Endpaper Mitts (pattern here). I titled them Strawberry Lemonade because of the colors that I chose. I used Bernat Baby Solid. The colors look very similar, I know. That wasn't my intention, but sometimes you never know how colors are going to look once they're knit together in close proximity of each other.


I made this mitt first. It's even and nice. Why is that? After each round I spent time untwisting the yarns! That did not turn out to be the most enjoyable thing to do, but I continued with it because, well, it was working. The mitt was getting done and it looked nice.



This mitt was the second one. To make this one, I used the combination knitting method. The yellow is quite loose, as I was holding that yarn in my left hand and I am right handed. It doesn't look as nice as the first mitt, but you can see the pattern a bit better.

And here's a close up of the pattern.
What I learned from this pattern: Italian tubular cast on, kitchener rib bind off, color work, combination knitting.

And on a side note: I was unable to reach my goal of having the first knot done on my stole, but I was okay with it. I *am* closer to finishing it though.

1 comment:

MORGAN said...

I just started my first intarsia and I am doing the 'untangling each row' which is working but not so fun indeed
you did a great job!