Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The Damage Has Been Done

So what do you get when your LYS has a huge sale?


You get......

ALL OF THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!













Yes, all of that yarn and all of the books. I got a good bargain on all of it. Plus, for once, I actually had projects before I had the yarn. Amazing, isn't it?

I'll be using the Cotton Fine to make the Celtic Knot Stole (links to Ravelry). It will be lovely in that shade of dark green.

I'm making the same same shawl from the Panda Cotton, Panda Wool, and Maizy. I'll be making the Weekender Lace Wrap from Crystal Palace Yarns. The shawl made from the Panda Cotton will be for my mother.

The Malabrigo is a gift, and boy, did the Malabrigo go quickly yesterday.

The purple/black/white/blue Sockotta is for a holiday gift for a friend. And the holidays are going to be here before I know it!

The other colorway of Sockotta is for me, as is the Encore Worsted because I knew I'd need it for a project later on.

I'm extremely excited about the books that I got, even though I'm not really into buying knitting books. I've been wanting the Vouge Stitchionary books for ages. I called and had those held for me just so I knew I'd get them. I'm going to learn to crochet, so I got the Happy Hooker book. I know a little about crocheting, but not enough to actually do something with it, other than make a simple square. Time to build the knowledge in that area. I got the Son of Stitch'n Bitch because there are a few patterns in there I really like. I don't have a guy to knit for, but maybe I will one day. I've looked at the Vouge On-The-Go Cables book a few times and thought I would grab that too. I also got the book of pattern for Plymouth's 8 Hour Baby Blanket. I really didn't even look through it!

Overall, the sale did me well. I have some new yarns in my stash, some new books to knit things from, and the stitch dictionaries with which to design from.

1 comment:

MorganMagic said...

you have now arrived in yarn heaven! enjoy it all, you deserve it!!!