Thursday, May 8, 2008

Playing Hooky From Knitting Group

I played hooky from knitting group last night. I had something else that I needed to do...Like purchase a gift for my mother for Mother's Day. I had a specific gift in mind and only a handful of places to go and get it.

I wanted to get her a wallet to go with a Vera Bradley bag she had gotten last week. She got a bag in "Yellow Bird" but it didn't have much of a bird on it anywhere. The wallet HAD to have a bird on it. Luckily I found one! I also got her some sticky notes in the pattern and a new notebook for me.

All in all, it was a good change to get out and do something else instead of going to knitting. Plus, I did call to say that I wasn't going to be there and why, even though I gave warning on Tuesday before I left my LYS.

I hope everyone survived without me, but I'm sure they did! I guess I'll find out tonight and I'll take some heat next Wednesday.

I am proud of myself for not stopping at a LYS not far from the Vera Bradley store that I went to. Although I would have liked to have gone, the last thing I need right now is yarn. Yes readers, I said it was the last thing I needed - for right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooohhh, playing hooky! At least you got the present. I'm sure she'll love it.

Oh, good luck on the sock class! Socks are AWESOME! (Oh, and guess who just got her very first skein of Noro Sock Yarn??!! ME!! ME!!)
-Christina =^)