Thursday, January 22, 2009

How Exciting Is This?

It's become some sort of obsession of mine, checking my Ravelry project page for comments and to see if any of my projects have been favorited by other members.

What a surprise today when I saw that a project not previously favorited had been favorited.

What's even better about it is that project was favorited by the author of the book in which the pattern came from!

Now, about the project.

I had been joking around with some friends on how I could knit practically anything. I mentioned handcuffs and that I found this pair that I wanted to knit in a book I had just gotten at the library called Knockdown Knits: 30 Projects from the Roller Derby Track.

Being the person I am, I decide to knit a pair for a friend (who I don't talk to anymore). I'm given the most perfect yarn for the project from a friend that's in my knitting groups. Black with beads from ICE Yarns. Blend that with Lion Brand Lame in silver, and you have the most perfect cuffs!

ICE Yarns Bead Fancy, Black with Rainbow Beads.
Photobucket
This yarn was fun to work with, even though some of the beads are difficult to see on the black yarn.
82% Polyester, 18% Sequins

Lion Brand Lame in Silver.
Photobucket
I wanted something to add to the cuffs, and I knew this would be the perfect addition.
Fingering Weight 65% Rayon, 35% Metalized Polyester

Finished Project
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Overall, this was a quick, fun, and easy knit. It took no time to knit these up and have them put together. Make sure you check out the book, too!

1 comment:

Amybel said...

Hi...I came across your link from Ravelry. I had to comment on this post, because I do the same thing! I was so excited today to see that three people (in one day!) added my bee mittens to their favs! And I love your new template because of the green color. You'll work it out!