Monday, January 26, 2009

Project January: Endpaper Mitts

Month: January

Project: Endpaper Mitts

Status: Completed

I didn't blog much about the project choice for January. Since I had already finished one mitt, I decided that finishing the other mitt would be plausible by the end of the month.

Eunny Jang designed these wonderful mitts, and you can find the pattern on her blog, here. If you haven't done a stranded project, these mitts would be a perfect first project.

I made this pair using dpn for the cuffs, size 1, and two circular needles, size 3, for the colorwork. Until this project, I had not used the two circular needles knitting method. It was probably not the wisest choice, particularly for a stranded project, but it worked. My knitting was tighter using this method, but the mitts have stretched a little with wear.

I used Red Heart Ltd.'s Heart & Sole for this project in the Mellow Stripe and Black colorways.

I love how they turned out, and are my favorite pair of the three pairs I've made.

January's Completed Project

Photobucket

1 comment: