Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Dark Star Beret

I knitted this beret as a Knit-A-Long (KAL for future reference to any non-knitting readers out there) with one of my Ravelry groups. This pattern is yet another wonderful knit by Natalie Larson, called Star Crossed Slouchy Beret (available as a Ravelry download).

I used some Caron Simply Soft, black, that I had in my stash. It took less that a 3 oz. skein to make a single beret, so this is easily a one skein project. It also makes it a quick gift knit for those last minute birthdays or the holidays.

This beret has cables scattered over it, twisting in both directions. the decreases for the top are done with both k2tog and ssk. It's got a wonderful fit to it. This will most likely be one of my go to berets. I'm planning on making one in white.

Dark Star Beret
Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: