Tuesday, May 26, 2009

New Scale & Fiber Converter

I got myself a kitchen scale today to weigh a skein of yarn after I've knit something with it so that I know how much I used for that project. I know, the 1st picture doesn't look that great, but that's just how it's going to be. I love that you can place the scale in the weighing bowl and place a lid over it. That feature will make it a joy to travel with. I don't know if I'll use the bowl when it comes to weighing the yarn. I'll try it out a few different ways and see what I prefer.



Now, I'm not a math person at all. I suck at math. Conversions I'm even worse at. So of course, I search on line to find a converter to do the work for me (I mean, why not?). This converter I've come across is great for fiber lovers. It converts yards to meters, meters to yards, ounces to grams and grams to ounces.

I can't wait to start trying this out. I'll be posting the link in one of my sidebars. You can also click here to get to the converter.

I've found another yarn count converter that I like much more. Click here for that one.

1 comment:

Fluzz said...

I'm very lazy, I use Google. you can put in 50m=?yd and it'll tell you.