Monday, May 4, 2009

Pick Three...With Three Errors?

I love the Socks A La Carte book. I love the concept of it. What I don't love is that I think I've found three errors...In each of my choices for my first pair of socks from the book. That's not real reassuring.

I'm posting this to my blog to see if it's just me, or if it's the book. One I know for sure is an error, the other two I need confirmed.

Cuff: I chose the Upward Spiral Cuff, page 29. There are four rounds to complete this pattern. Rounds 1 and 3 are the same, and those are right. Rounds 2 and 4 can't be done the way they are instructed and the stitches line up correctly.

Leg: I chose the Spiral Galaxy Leg, page 36. Rounds 13 and 14 should be omitted, otherwise you'd have too many knit rows and it would not come out like the picture shows it should.

Feet: I chose the Dutch Heel with Star Toe, page 50. I have just done the Dutch Heel, so this is the only thing I know to be wrong on this section thus far. I have checked with someone else on this one, so I know that this one is wrong. Row 3 doesn't work with the number of stitches you have.

If anyone else has found any errors, post them in the comments. I'm wondering how much errata there is. There has only been one errata posted to the SWTC website for the book, but I'm planning on e-mailing the address provided with what I've posted about. I do hope that this had just been a fluke and I'm not going to find anymore with the next pair of socks that I do, but with the one that's been posted, the one I know for sure, and the possibility of two others, I'm not too hopeful.

So, is it just me, or are these errors?

No comments: