Sunday, July 8, 2007

Why You Should Always Have a Knitting Project With You

Many knitters tend to keep a small project with them all the time. I'm one of those kinds of knitters. There's a very good reason for this.

Traffic. The kind of traffic you don't expect and it takes you over an hour to move 5 miles down a stretch of interstate. Then you get in even more stop and go traffic and you wonder if there's an end in sight.

I've sat in traffic before and thought, "Why don't I have that knitting project with me? I could be getting something done!"

Now I rarely leave the house without my knitting basket in one hand or something that I've just left in the car for such times as sitting in traffic (or something that I don't know that's in my car that I've happened upon. My car can get a bit messy!)

Friday night (okay, so really it was Saturday morning as it was after midnight...) I'm driving and while expecting some traffic due to nighttime road work I have no idea what I'm about to get into. The traffic was insane! So as I'm sitting there wondering how long it's going to take for me to get home, I realize that I have knitting needles and yarn in my bag and that I might as well fuss over this scarf that I've been trying to knit (refer to the post about me not being able to get a yo, k2t pattern right). While I'm sitting in traffic I decide to try to knit it up one way and then another and then another (still accomplishing nothing). But having that there kept my sanity and eventually I did manage to make it home.

In other news - I've added a link to my LYS on the sidebar on the left. Click on the link and check out the shop!

I'm off to charge up the digital camera and then I'll have some pictures to share!

No comments: