Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Springing Forward In Completed Socks

I've completed my first pair of hand knit socks! Yes, there are mistakes, one of which I didn't catch until the one sock had been completed for a few days. It's just in the decrease area for the toe, so it won't be noticeable to anyone except myself, unless another knitter notices it.

I was sucked in the moment that I turned the heel. There's just something so magical, wonderful about that step.

I love how the socks fit, I love how hand knit socks feel on my feet. I may not knit another pair anytime in the near future, but this won't be the last pair that I knit!

Springing Forward Socks
Photobucket

Photobucket

These socks make the second project of January that I've completed, and second on the list for 2009.

3 comments:

MorganMagic said...

yeay for you! they rock indeed!

Anonymous said...

YAY first socks! They look cozy and pretty!

smariek said...

Congrats on your first socks! I just started learning and finished my first pair too, though they don't look quite as nice as yours.